OneSavings Bank cultural change programme
Evolving organisational culture as you grow your business can be difficult and complex. It requires:
- Upskilling your leaders
- Engaging people to one vision and purpose
- Aligning ways of working
- Fulfilling your regulatory responsibilities
- Attracting and retaining the best talent
OneSavings Bank had these very same challenges. They were doing well and had experienced exponential growth both organic and by acquisition. They wanted us to strengthen the OneSavings Bank proposition, putting the customer at the heart of the business.
OneSavings Bank wanted to maintain their positive culture as they grew. To do this, they need to give their employees a clear vision for the future. Something aspirational that they could align to, as well as their ways of working. OneSavings Bank called us to create an inspirational innovative and aligned culture for the future.
how did we help?
We put our 3-stage methodology into action – which met the expectations of employees, customers, the regulator and shareholders.
- Insight – using our Culture Assessment to identify the cultural enablers and inhibitors to performance and growth.
- Design – Using insight, we then designed the cultural foundations for the future: a new mission, vision, and values, a new employee value proposition created for current and future employees, and a values-driven behaviour framework which embedded the regulatory responsibilities.
- Embed – To fully embed the new culture, a launch campaign and engaging communications were created for the following 12 months including events, branding, feedback loops, policy changes, recruitment changes and culture metrics to track the change.
- OneSavings Bank was voted a ‘The Times: Top 100 Employer’
- Happier employees
- Happier customers – citing high satisfaction and ease of doing business
- Successful acquisition of Charter Court Financial Services, becoming OSB group.
- Winner at The Business Culture Awards 2020
Find out how our award-winning 3 stage culture change methodology works, here.